Monday, July 6, 2015

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Last summer I attended the Genealogy Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP). It was an amazing week full of great people and wonderful presentations by professional genealogists. The class I took was headed by Paula Stuart-Warren (Intermediate Genealogy). It was four fast paced days full of information and group discussions. By Friday my brain was fried! 

Because my experience was so positive I decided to sign up again. This time I chose the class being presented by Tom Jones (Advanced Methods). In the course description he said that he would have some "homework" for us to do prior to class. He also stated that there would be optional "homework" during the week as well. I thought, OK, how bad could it be.

WELL! This past week I received an email from Tom that had two attachments for us to read. He also strongly suggested we make a chart that lays out all the data. Again I thought that's not too bad I can do that...then yesterday ANOTHER email came with two more attachments. This time the attachments are from Rick Sayre who will also be presenting for the class. One of his attachments is 43 pages long! 

 I'm officially terrified! Thank goodness I have two weeks before I take off for Pittsburgh.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes!! But, I know you can do it and will learn so much. I can't wait for GRIP! Just a little over a week away!

    ReplyDelete